Theobald Software just released the ECS Web Service Designer for SharePoint 2010/2013. The designer is part of the product suite ERPConnect Services, a suite which allow you the complete range of data integration between SharePoint and your SAP system.
The Web Service Designer is a fantastic way to visually design and deploy no-code SOAP or OData web services for SharePoint. Each service operation can be designed using a workflow designer (see screenshots). The designer provides a couple of base, flow and SAP-related activities the user can choose from to build it’s operation logic.
The base and flow group of activities consist of the following:
- Check Condition Activity (IfElse)
- Switch Cases Activity
- For Each Activity
- Do While Activity
- Custom Code Activity
- Assign Value Activity
- Add Item (to collection) Activity
The SAP-related group of activities consist of the following:
- Execute Table Activity (reads data from a SAP table)
- Execute Function (execute a SAP BAPI function module)
A key feature of the ECS Web Service Designer is the option to use C# expressions for field/property mappings.
Other feature highlights are:
- One-Click and direct solution deployment on SharePoint servers
- One-Click SharePoint solution generation
- One-Click Visual Studio exporting (the visually designed web service can be exported as VS solution)
For more information about this brand new product, see Theoabld Software product site.